AA&ES ecologists can help with the following ecological services:
- Weed Surveys. AA&ES are specialists in weed identification and are active members of the Weeds Society of Queensland. We can identify any weed in any situation. If you would like weeds identified, mapped and surveyed or monitored, we can assist. We also utilise the DAFF Biosecurity Queensland weed photo library, which is a useful tool for publications and presentations.
- Fauna Spotting and Habitat Management. Our fauna spotter catchers are able to capture and relocate wildlife and assist in the identification and marking/recording of important habitat types/features, animal breeding and shelter sites.
- Fauna and Flora Surveys. We undertake surveys for all terrestrial vertebrate groups including birds, amphibians, reptiles, bats, other mammals and some invertebrate groups such as land snails and butterflies. Our qualified staff have conducted these surveys for purposes such as linear infrastructure (Powerlink Queensland) and broader developments.
- Ecological Impact Assessments. AA&ES has specialist capabilities in identifying ecological impacts for small and large infrastructure/construction projects, ranging from new roads/road upgrades to gas wells, ponds, camps, gas plants and pipelines.
Desktop studies and searches
Preliminary vegetation, habitat and site inspections
Field methodology design for surveys and monitoring for best-practice and statutory compliance
Habitat assessment and mapping
Ecological impact assessment and risk analysis
Species Management Programs
Pre-clearing fauna inspection, fauna relocation and habitat decommissioning
- Conservation Assessment on Rural Lands. AA&ES is passionate about our Environmental landscape. We have assisted landholders identify the key environmental values on their property such as vegetation types, fauna species and important habitats, wetlands and springs.
- Environmental Training. AA&ES has been a major contributor in Property Biosecurity Management workshops across the Surat Basin and Western Queensland. These free workshops are run in conjunction with DAFF Biosecurity Queensland. We have also been involved in a number of information days and workshops, and continue to be invited as guest speakers to provide technical information.